Search This Blog

Friday, November 28, 2014

Introduction

Hi!

My name is Melanie and I'd like to welcome you to my new blog The Island Walkabout. It's been a few years but I was quite a blogger at one time, I miss the creative outlet of sharing my thoughts and images.


Some people are just born walkers, others come to it later in life. Both of my parents were avid walkers so I've been walking all my life. Nothing clears the heart, mind and soul like a good hardy walk! Some walks are slow, some are fast power walks, I love both types.




Luckily for me my partner in life, Andy, shares my passion for walking, in fact he could be credited for re-inspiring me to walk. There are times we drive or fly to a location or even peddle a bicycle but at some point we are going to walk.



Calie-the-wonderdoodle is often my companion too. She's been walking at my side for 9 years now and she keeps me motivated, we try to do at least two miles a day. Andy calls it the "two miler".



Living on Long Island means that we're surrounded by stunning vistas. I look forward to sharing them with you. I'd even like to invite you to join me on some of these walks and certainly look forward to hearing from all of you about new places to stroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment